The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department. The Accounting Manager will ensure that the company receives payment for goods and services provided to clients/customers. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for. This position will collaborate directly with the President and CEO, CFO, Project Finance Director, and Chief Operating Officer. This position will report directly to the Project Finance Director.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense, corporate credit cards and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions. Establishes and follows internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Create weekly cash-flow template to ensure cash obligations are met.
- Oversees treasury management functions.
- Records journal entries related to deferred revenue, prepaid and inventory transactions Calculates, and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Works with CFO, Project Finance Director in preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Works with CFO, Project Finance Director to produce periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Managing Vendor Liability Insurance as required.
- Ability to confidently communicate, interact and build customer relationships supporting the culture.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Familiarity/Firsthand working knowledge with Material Requirements Planning Systems (MRP i.e., JobBOSS2, Oracle, SAP) and/or materials and requirements management systems.
- Knowledge of SOX & ASC606.
- Must be dependable and extremely trustworthy.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Strong firsthand working knowledge of QuickBooks (required).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Texas Sales Tax: 2 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Five years or more of Manufacturing related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.