ACCOUNTING MANAGER - LARGE GLOBAL ORGANIZATION IN SANDY SPRINGS
Our client, a global industrial packaging company, has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager.
Who: Global Industrial Packaging Company
What: Accounting Manager
When: Immediate Need
Where: Sandy Springs
Salary: Base up to $140k +/- plus bonus & excellent benefits
- Perform and supervise staff performing day-to-day operations to ensure all accounting transactions are recorded on a timely basis and in accordance with US GAAP. This will include performing and/or reviewing balance sheet and income statement reconciliations, journal entries and ensuring accounting ledgers are closed timely.
- Maintain an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk.
- Supervise accounting staff and ensuring they develop the accounting skills required to succeed and ultimately be promoted.
- Assist with the business process transformation of the Accounting department to Atlanta, identify areas for improvement and implement new processes to increase efficiency and control structure.
- Review business partners’ plant income statements to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare/review materials for external auditors.
- Identify unusual transactions, applying working knowledge of US GAAP, and elevate issues identified in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Shared Service leaders to ensure all accounting is being performed correctly.
- Support and maintain a strong SOX compliant structure and identify areas of controls improvement.
- Ensure the Company’s global control environment is maintained and identify enhancements.
- Assist with re-engineering of the general ledger to facilitate a more stream-lined close (currently several legacy GLs resulting from acquisitions).
- Assist with the development of new reports to enhance the transparency of financial results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited college/university
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Ability to lead/attract/retain talent
- Ability to drive performance improvements.
- Fluency in US GAAP accounting and internal controls (SOX).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, including V-lookup and Pivot tables
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to new requests while handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Big 4 audit experience a plus
- Service or manufacturing experience a plus
- CPA a plus
- International company and foreign currency experience a plus
- Public company and/or private equity experience a plus
- Prior experience using an ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Oracle FCCS reporting a plus
- Experience in shared service environment highly preferred
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing corporation with high visibility to the Executive Team.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Click here to apply online