Our client is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their accounting team. This Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
- Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required for month end closing.
- Responsible for reconciling sub-ledgers for month end closing and year end reconciliations.
- Supervises and participates in preparing and auditing materials requiring analyses of supporting documents and insures that all entries are entered into the system properly.
- Review and analyze inventory valuation.
- Analyze cost and profitability of customer sales.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining appropriate corrective procedures.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers and officials, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, customers, and the public
Education and Experience:
- Directly supervises two employees in the Accounting Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Experience In Manufacturing Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 to 7 years experience
Required Skills And Abilities
Accountable for processing and managing the A/R and A/P processes and procedures, and preparing correspondence and documents for implementation and updates associated with Accounting. Calendaring of deadlines related to company business taxes, licenses, permits, & A/P payments made to vendors to ensure positive credit status & timely processing, as well as for A/R & collections regarding customers accounts & reporting.
Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Microsoft Office