DIRECT REPORTING STRUCTURE: Financial Controller
INDIRECT REPORTING STRUCTURE: District Manager Branch Manager
PURPOSE: To promote the success of the company by managing the Accounting operations, within a framework of prudent and effective controls, which enable risk to be assessed and managed through focus on Finances, Operations, People, Customers, Systems, Culture and Compliance in adherence to the company’s policy and procedures.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Manages a solid team by driving all the Accounting operations within the company, responsible for Payroll, Capital Expenditure, GL Reconciliations, andassisting the Controller with the company’s financial affairs.
Finance & Operations:
- Manage the day to day Accounting operations including A/R, A/P,Treasury, Revenue Recognition and Cost Accounting, working closely with the Accounting and Operational teams to review processes, implement best practices and improve productivity.
- Process Payroll, including obtaining approval of new hires, terminations, salary amendments and the payroll run.
- Manage the Capital Expenditure process, including obtaining approval of acquisitions and disposals, maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, and completion of the Annual Inventory certification.
- Complete all GL reconciliations, including Proof of Cash, Fixed Assets and Payroll for monthly P&L submission.
- Contribute to the preparation of the internal monthly accounts (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash flows, and Analysis) for review by the Regional and Global Accounting teams.
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities for Payroll, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Prepare financial information for credit reviews and perform annual credit reviews in line with Global Credit policy.
- Assist Controller with the preparation of statutory financial information and tax computations.
- Provide required information/documentation for Internal Control Evaluations and Internal/External Audits.
- Support the Finance Controller with miscellaneous projects and tasks.
- Recruiting, hiring, provide input and continually interview to find new potential candidates for the accounting department
- Identify, develop, and mentor a No. 2
- Review and conduct staff appraisals timely, and at a minimum once per year per employee
- Ensure all staff and positions have job descriptions, clear expectations and are working with structured development plans
- Continually provide coaching and training to the team members
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year
- Review department goals and personal plans periodically with staff to ensure buy-in and accountability
- Assist new hires with mandatory training completion within the first 6 months
- Support the Financial Controller and the Accounting department:
- Review company internal controls, specifically the Fınancıal Process Control Documentation.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and in being the role model of integrity and pride for all employees.
- Proactively communicate with the team to ensure continuous awareness and understanding of policies and regulations.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Trade Compliance Manager and support all compliance efforts and trainings.
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements into your department.
- Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
- Set the tone of this environment within your department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Expeditors’ Company Policies and Procedures
- Strong Accounting and Finance knowledge.
- Global Logistics Industry knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel Formulas and Pivot Tables
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to the details.
- Fluent in English
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to financial persons as well as non-financial persons at all levels from Operations to Senior Management to obtain positive results.
- Proven leadership attitude and skills
- Ability to drive through change
- Emotional resilience
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Proven leadership attitude and background
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Reliable and accurate
- Being supportive of change
- Taking initiative and working in autonomy
- Being an advocate of Expeditors culture at all times
- Being approachable and proactive
Click here to apply online