This position is responsible for AP, AR, and other accounting-related duties as well as administrative-related tasks of an organization.
- Supports AP/AR for daily transactions and tasks.
- Processes payments and obtains authorized signatures.
- Receives all invoices; reviews source documents and matches purchase orders, invoices, and receiving documents.
- Reviews invoices to ensure they are correctly coded, properly authorized, and no overpayments or repeat payments are made.
- Calculates, posts business transactions, processes invoice, verifies financial data for use in maintaining AP records, and provides other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Supports monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Closes journals for all locations and enters data into designated software daily.
- Responsible to handle basic client inquiries in a timely manner.
- Performs other clerical tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records for an organization.
- Calculates and posts receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verifies details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances.
- Prepares monthly receivable statements and provide them to the management.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Files and maintains both AP and AR related documents/files in designated area and keeps them up to date.
- Reconciles records of bank transactions.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Prepares and processes payroll information.
- Prepares bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION・GENERAL AFFAIRS
- Office Administration/General Affairs
- Handles office activities to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Supports standard clerical duties as assigned, including copying, mailing, and communicating with outside vendors.
- Prepares necessary documents and supports management for general affairs-related tasks.
- Prepares internal announcement memos and business letters.
- Supports the organization's safety, health, and environment; performs or facilitates maintenance of office premises and equipment, including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Provides clerical support when requested by the manager.
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies; orders new supplies as needed.
- Troubleshoots internal/office-related issues.
- Schedules monthly meetings: plans, apply schedules, and records off-site events such as seminars and training as well as internal events such as year-end parties.
- Supports facility security-related tasks such as surveillance video, alarm system, card key, etc.
- Handles and corresponds to all business-related insurance policies.
- Seeks constant improvement in the work process; finds more efficient and less expensive ways for daily tasks.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for a solution.
- Maintains good communication with management, co-workers, and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Supports co-workers and other departments when requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4 years college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accounting related work for more than one 1 year preferred
- General Office equipment such as phones, copier, PC, printer and scanner. Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office, accounting-related software such as QuickBooks and other as needed.
- On-site position.
- Local, domestic and international travel is not required for this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully carry out the essential job functions of this position.
- Ability to see objects clearly
- Ability to listen to and understand through spoken words
- Ability to speak clearly so other can understand
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.