• Reviews and verifies sales data transmitted from each store and submits transactions to the Accounting Supervisor or Controller to be posted.
• Verifies and pay outstanding invoices.
• Compares cash balances reported by store to data in accounting system and submits adjustments if necessary.
• Assigns GL codes as necessary.
• Reviews and confirms accuracy of data transmitted through Concur A/P module.
• Assists suppliers/vendors with accounting related issues/problems.
• Processes & checks invoices, payments and copies.
• Responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
• Responsible for auditing credit card payments.
• Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Processes employee expense accounts.
• Analyzes vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted.
• Prepares accounts payable and termination checks.
• Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
• Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
• Assists in monthly and year-end closings.
• Handles and balances petty cash.
• Maintains good communication with executive management, store management, co-workers, vendors and outside contacts.
• Keeps Accounting Supervisor informed of payment deadlines.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager
• Responds to accounting questions on behalf of Accounting Supervisor/Controller.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular Accounting issues and problems to the Accounting Supervisor for solutions.
• Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
Safety, Loss Prevention and Procedural Compliance:
• Assists Accounting Manager in Department Loss Prevention in curbing internal and external theft.
• Abides by the Company’s Safety and IIPP Programs.
• Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance and condition of assigned areas to comply with security, safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
• Complies with all Health and OSHA requirements.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Friendly, out-going disposition.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Presents numerical data effectively;
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; supports Company’s goals and values.
• Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Displays willingness to make decisions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• 2-year college degree preferred in Accounting or Finance but not required; 2-4 years of accounting experience desired, in a retail or corporate establishment.
• Experience in basic accounting principles and procedures required.
• Strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
• Good working knowledge of Word and Outlook required.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Accounting software.