Duration: July – Dec 2020
Security Clearance: Yes
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing accounts payable and financial related activities. The requirements will be to process billings from Service Providers using CHRIS and integrate into our financial software Great plains. Also process and prepare cheque requests for non-integrated service provider billings such as medical supplies and equipment, home/private schools and self-directed care.
- Provide administrative support for purchased client services, client registration system (CHRIS) to internal and external customers.
- Verify service provider visits to clients. Identify errors and take corrective action.
- Verify service provider billings against authorized services
- Upon completion/processing of SPO visit billings, integrate service provider invoice into accounting system (Great Plains)
- Provide problem solving and billing support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Once authorized, complete a manual cheque requisition and forward to Accounts Payable.
- Reconcile billings processed weekly with CHRIS.
- Reconcile vendor statements to the documents at hand or details in the system and work with vendors and care coordinators to ensure correct billings.
- Collect and prepare weekly statistics. Prepare regularly program reports and special purpose reports as required.
- Identify issues/discrepancies that differ from policy and recommend appropriate solution.
- Working with patients/families and care coordinators, verify, data enter and reconcile hours paid to hours authorized in approved service plan and contract for self-directed care
- Keep organized and accurate service provider records for audit purposes.
- Understand procedures for acquisitions/purchasing.
- Participates in various committees as required.
- Adhere to health and safety policies/ practices developed and implemented and take reasonable precautions.
- Process WSIB, Private & Home School, self-directed care Billings.
- Provide back-up support/coverage to the team as required.
- Back up for Accounts Payable Assistant.
- At least one (1) year but less than three (3) years job related accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of LHIN services
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Great Plains Accounting System
- Evidence of excellent problem-solving, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Secondary school diploma plus one to two years formal education in accounting.
Nice to have:
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Exposure to accounting, data controls and working in a controlled environment
- Professional affiliations/memberships
- Knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Understanding of obligations with respect to client privacy, confidentiality and security.
- Excellent problem-solving, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong aptitude for detail work and accuracy.