The company is a leader in manufacturing and selling fire sprinkler heads in Japan and is proud to introduce our products to the US market. The company insists on high standards and customer satisfaction; therefore, sprinkler heads are unbeatable at saving human lives and protecting property. Years of experience in the field and vigorous performance tests have helped us create products that can withstand the test of time. The business has been growing quickly in the US market. We are looking for a highly motivated professional who can excel in the position of Staff Accountant to expand our business further. If you share our passion for unbeatable quality in service and products, the career opportunities at the company might be an excellent match for you.
- Enters new vendor information to QuickBooks and maintains the information up-to-date.
- Reconciles invoices and identifies discrepancies.
- Processes invoice data and prepares payments using QuickBooks.
- Processes reimbursement request forms from employees.
- Arranges wire payments.
- Enters bank deposits to QuickBooks.
- Collects receipts and enters credit card charges to QuickBooks.
- Manages and updates prepaid expense schedules.
- Manages and updates depreciation schedule for company’s fixed assets.
- Records additions/disposals of company’s fixed assets.
- Reviews sales taxes on invoices and make corrections if needed.
- Prepares for sales tax filings and payments.
- Requests and processes W-9 forms from new vendors and prepares 1099-MISC.
- Assists in annual financial review.
- Organizes and maintains company documents. (digital/physical)
- Prepares various sales and accounting reports.
- Answers telephone calls, conveys messages, and monitors the flow of e-mails.
- Works closely with manager in accounting department and outside/inside sales department to keep account activities and literature up-to-date.
- Handles various administrative duties assigned by management.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent field is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented and strong with numbers.
- Excellent skills in both verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office program (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with QB accounting software is a plus.