This is a bilingual (English/Japanese) position that is responsible for the Company’s accounting activities.
H/she is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial
statements, for delivery of financial results to the Company’s parent company and for daily cash flow
management. In addition, provides daily work supervision and oversight to the Accounting department’s personnel
and assist the Accounting Managers to provide professional advice to senior management regarding the financial
performance of the Company.
Essential Position Functions and Duties
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Calculating overhead-cost at the final stage of consolidated FS close. Need to know timing, calculation steps and connection of each accounts, data management and finalization of PL. Then work with condensed FS and consolidation package. Answer at management-level for the reason in FS figures.
- Managing Inventory accounts, Cost accounting calculation and reconciliation. Learn and build understanding in “Companyi” way of cost accounting.
- Oversee the accuracy of Monthly reconciliation, 360 BS accounts. Complete understanding in reconciliation, know how to improve the process, know better use of ERP data.
- Understand of needs of and prepare reports for Closing, for Audit, for Tax, for Group companies and for Budget. Those “reports” or “process” would be assigned to you or other individual based on specialty,
involvement and understanding.
- Support, as necessary, the day-to-day operation of co-workers such as authorization, ad-hoc report with management, and administrative work with other department.
- ERP data modification. Ad hoc report requires downloading, modifying and completing data
- Learn and skill-up with Excel, Accounting seminar, other skills required at work. (Free-online seminar provided)
- Coordinate, plan and execute for Accounting events such as Year-end, Audit, Tax, Transfer Pricing, ERP
- Administrative work such as records, contract, meeting filing and saving.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Business, Accounting, Finance.
- 5 + years of overall accounting experience with minimum of 5 years of management-level focus in Financial
Statement closing, Audit work, Tax work and ERP development.
- Experience of COST ACCOUNTING at “Manufacturing” company is preferred
- Advanced Excel knowledge required.
- Complete understanding in relation among PL, BS, CF and Consolidation with subsidiaries is REQUIRED.
- Knowledge in Accounting software(ERP) and knowledge in relation between GL, sub ledgers and TB is REQUIRED.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a Plus. Cost Accounting experience is a plus.