Accounting Assistant Level 1
Duration: 12 Months
Pay Rate: $25.00
Work Location: 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020
Looking for undergraduates.
Expected Graduation: May 2020 or after
Commitment: At least 1 year internship
GPA Minimum 3.0 (we’ve generally be successful in hiring 3.5)
Types of Degrees: Accounting/Finance Major
Target Schools: Baruch, Pace, St John, NYU & Fordham (Nice to have)
- School term – 20 hours subject to business needs
- Summer months – up to 40 hours subject to business needs
- Strong Communication and Organization
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Team player
- Should know basic formulas ie sumif, vlookup, hlookup,
- Nice to have is more advanced formula and functions ie index/match, conditional formatting, pivot tables,
- Takes instructions well
- Assist in the preparation of various US residual tax work papers, such as Subpart F, GILTI, Toll Charge, Accrual to Return, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of various work papers related to deferred taxes on CTA.
- Assist in the preparation of Non-US tax provision work papers, such as tax provision, valuation allowance analysis, tax account reconciliation, etc.
- Assist in the preparation with various foreign jurisdictions’ effective tax rate work papers
- Prepare SOX binder
- Assist managers with ad hoc requests
- Various administrative tasks