Accounting Assistant Level 1
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: $16.47
Work Location: 1300 Thames Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Top 3 Skills: Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple priorities, client service skills.
The team provides operational support and interacts daily with global securities lending and secured funding trading desks. The team handles both equity and fixed income products across the US and international markets. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to both trading and client service organizations, has direct client contact and relationship management responsibilities, as well as working with various Operations Teams globally including Security Settlements, Corporate Actions, Finance, Prime Brokerage, Cash Management and Risk. The Team is made up of various groups allowing employees to gain a wide array of experience in Financial Services. The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, strong working knowledge and proficiency in the appropriate computer programs such as MS Word and Excel, knowledge of financial services field. Must be able to learn quickly and to engage in a number of detailed tasks at once. Must have strong flexibility in regard to the duties assigned and problem solving skills, be able to work independently.
Duties may include:
- Ensure securities lending and secured funding trades booked by the trading desk are processed quickly and accurately.
- Resolving any trade exception issues by liaising with the trading desk and appropriate support teams.
- Performing trade reconciliation and resolving breaks.
- Resolving failing trades by working directly with the trading desk and counterparties.
- Troubleshooting problems arising on an ad-hoc basis and react to both the trading desk and client driven demands.