General Position Summary
This position is primarily responsible for general accounting duties including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs monthly bank and account reconciliations.
- Reconciles, adjusts, and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Compiles, enters, and posts monthly journal entry adjustments.
- Assists with the preparation of audit schedules and works closely with Accounting Manager to ensure the completion of a timely audit.
- Assists with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable workload.
- Assists with tax computations and returns.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Interacts with Accounting Manager and assists with daily projects.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Dimensions
Analysis, Accuracy, Communication – Verbal & Written, Computer Proficiency, Courtesy, Detail Oriented, Interpersonal Skills, Orderly, Technological Proficiency, Problem-Solving, Strong Math Skills, Trustworthy, Typing Skills
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Accounting Principles.
- Between 5 – 10 years of experience in a similar role.