Accountant 2 - $28.55/hour
The State of Arizona is looking for a motivated, well-organized self-starter to temporarily contract as a mid-level Accountant. This Accountant will perform professional work of average difficulty and responsibility to track expenditures in the State accounting system. It is anticipated this assignment will be 2 ½ years in duration.
- Analyzing and compiling, with supervision, data for revenues and expenditures related to the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
- Reconciles two Federal funding sources including a review of accounting transactions and balances to identify any transaction errors or other processing issues.
- Reconciles Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) the State Accounting System, fund balances.
- This position will utilize AFIS to track the various ARPA related activities and prepare monthly budget to actual reports.
- In addition, this position will ensure adequate supporting documentation is maintained for each expenditure.
- Three years accounting and reporting experience required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Skilled in using AFIS or similar robust integrated accounting system
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Boards (FASB), and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) theories and concepts
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, Google email and calendar applications
- Detail-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret financial and statistical data
- Ability to work in a team and individually with adaptive skills to complete assignments timely, working with a large volume of data.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com