Accountant 2 – Hybrid Remote
60% On-site, 40% remote
The State of Arizona is looking for a motivated, well-organized self-starter to temporarily contract as a mid-level Accountant. This Accountant will perform professional work of average difficulty and responsibility to track expenditures in the State accounting system. It is anticipated this assignment will be 2 ½ years in duration.
- Analyzing and compiling, with supervision, data for revenues and expenditures related to the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
- Reconciles two Federal funding sources including a review of accounting transactions and balances to identify any transaction errors or other processing issues.
- Reconciles Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) the State Accounting System, fund balances. This position will utilize AFIS to track the various ARPA related activities and prepare monthly budget to actual reports. In addition, this position will ensure adequate supporting documentation is maintained for each expenditure.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Three years accounting and reporting experience
- Skilled in using AFIS or similar robust integrated accounting system
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Boards (FASB), and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) theories and concepts
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, Google email and calendar applications
- Detail-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret financial and statistical data
- Ability to work in a team and individually with adaptive skills to complete assignments timely, working with a large volume of data.
Hybrid remote position, 60% onsite, 40% remote. Local candidates only – resumes must specify the current location of the candidate. Clean 7-year background check required.