Our client. a growing manufacturing company, located on the Pamlico River near Greenville, NC, has an immediate opening for Accountant with strong AP-GL experience.
• Interface with vendors as required to support and obtain accurate information for the processing of accounts payable invoices, maintain all vendor files, review vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies when needed, follow up on vendor returns, credits and rebates.
• Performs 3 way matching, codes, post invoices. Processes weekly payment runs by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
• Provides and interprets project to date costing reports to management. Researches discrepancies and provides deeper analyses as needed.
• Ongoing improvement of payment processes
• Manages sales and use tax filings • Prepares annual 1099s
• Accurately prepare and post journal entries Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting highly preferred
• Associate’s degree in Accounting required
• 2+ years of high volume accounts payable + fundamental knowledge of GAAP
• Intermediate/advanced Excel skills required
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
For consideration submit resume to email@example.comClick here to apply online