Reporting to the Vice President of Sales for a leading company in the Specialized Transportation industry. It is a privately owned trucking company with locations in multiple cities including Dallas, Los Angeles, Thomasville, San Francisco, Phoenix, Chino, and Pomona. They provide LTL, final mile, and white glove, as well as brokerage and warehousing services. This organization is proud of its family- oriented and supportive atmosphere, and it has enjoyed an extremely low turnover rate since its inception in 1993. Their people are the reason for their success and enjoy strong appreciation.
The Account Representative is responsible for soliciting new shipper’s accounts for the company, visiting, and contacting prospective customers, and building new business each month by obtaining new contracts for service. Maintain and improve customer relationships and grow business continuously and improve margins by providing appropriate rates that support company goals. Recommend and explain rate and operational structures that further support company goals and confirm with operations that the customer’s needs can be met. Assist with related special sales projects, shows, events as required, and prepare requested reports. Participate in internal and external training programs that help improve personal performance and well-being. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation, logistics, distribution sales (3-5 years)
- Experience in over-dimensional freight; large furniture, appliances, hospitality, medical equipment
- eCommerce sales background
- Develop and execute a sales strategy
- Pipeline development
- New business development: manage full sales processes (from prospect to close)
- Account management
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite or other software applications
- Travel: Terminal / Client development as required
- Residence: Remote, but must live in CA, OR, MI, AZ, NC, AL, TX, FL, MS, or NV
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to sell to large clients (top 50 retailer brands in appliance, furniture, etc.)
- Retail sales
- Develop verticals
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Strong persuasion, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several clients and projects simultaneously.
- Professional communication: ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Professionalism: represents self and company with the highest degree of integrity
- Problem Solving: forward thinking, anticipates challenges and obstacles and has clear plan to course correct
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Jaylynn Buchmelter
Private Fleet & Final Milejbuchmelter@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.133Click here to apply online