Location: Dallas, San Antonio, or Austin, Texas
Work from home
About Our Client
Our client, an international supplier to the Automotive Industry, is seeking an Account Manager to cover the Pacific and most of the Southwest. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of automotive distribution channels throughout North America. The company offers a positive culture, strong benefits, and a global reach
As part of the management group, the Account Manager will be responsible for performing a diverse range of functions including but not limited to:
- Build and execute the Annual Business Plan.
- Direct management of OE Customers in the special vehicles industry.
- Support OE Customers through project concept to finalized installation
- Provide connection with the Segment Managers in order to develop and share the strategy for each OE business segment.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships, cooperate with Segment Managers to ensure that they are informed the current status in their area of responsibility.
- Develop new Agreements where required.
- Coordinate with the Regional Sales Manager team to gather leads for new potential OE Customers
- Negotiate contractual agreements for products and services.
- Prepare and present quotations to customers, while providing technical expertise
- Develop client presentations, business reviews and proposals with the goal of retaining existing business and driving new sales through the allocated OE Customers.
- Liaise with Engineering Team and OE Customer Engineering team to ensure project timelines are being met
- Organize sales and parts training for dealers and customers.
- Attend trade shows, corporate meetings and customer events.
- Submit weekly plan, identifying sales activities.
- Manage key activities within the CRM platform such as customer calls, pending deals, deals closed, deals lost.
- Help develop annual sales forecasts with Dealers in the assigned territory - monitor sales activity against forecast and work with the dealer to meet or exceed forecast.
- Submit quarterly reviews to Business Plans
- Travel extensively throughout the territory to maintain and develop business relationships.
- Follow all H&S standards and rules, wearing the required PPE as necessary at customer sites and head office or other sites as required.
The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for this role:
- Business/Sales or Technical degree; or 5+ years’ equivalent experience in the sales of automotive accessories and components for OE application in the special vehicle market (commercial vehicle OE, off-road, work truck, construction, agriculture, forestry and mining and aftermarket areas).
- Successful previous experience as a Sales Manager for OE applications, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Experience with using a CRM system.