The Account Manager will manage current and potential customers in the Midwest US and Canada with a focus on quicklime, hydrated lime and limestone. In addition, the position will include identifying and exploiting market and product development opportunities in the Midwest and Canada and potentially other areas of North America. This individual will be accountable for growing Company’s business, meeting ambitious sales volume and price targets, and achieve customer satisfaction objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively lead a customer-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with all levels of customer organizations including senior management, procurement, operations, technical and supply chain.
- In collaboration with management, negotiate pricing and contract terms with current and potential customers to achieve profitability goals.
- Provide technical and applications support to our customers on the utilization and handling of our products.
- Identify and develop growth opportunities in the covered territory and work collaboratively with marketing, technical service, product development and other functions within Company to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Work closely with our plant personnel, marketing, technical service, and customer service departments to meet customer’s expectations on quality of our products and service.
- Develop a key understanding of competitive threats and correlate sales planning and activities to combat these threats.
- Comply with sales support processes and systems including producing sales reports on customer calls.
- Accurately prepare the annual and long term sales budget and operating plans.
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts at the customer and product level.
- Proactively manage and assist in the collection of past due accounts.
- Actively lead and participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Attend and, as requested, present at Company sponsored meetings and training activities.
- Undergraduate university degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Business Administration required. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive sales and/or marketing experience in industrial minerals or inorganic chemicals.
- High personal savvy with a wide range of people and able to earn the confidence of new and existing customers.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (written and spoken).
- Able to set, coordinate and accomplish multiple competing priorities.
- Self-directed, able to work effectively and independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Will to travel greater than 60% of the time.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com