GeneCoda® has been retained to recruit candidates located in the Pacific NorthWest (*ideally Seattle) area, for the role of Account Executive.
Our client is an innovative, global market leader in R&D capital equipment. Through continuous investment in state-of-the-art, customer-centered products, quality systems, human factors and sustainability programs; our client delivers industry-leading end-to-end solutions which maximize the productivity of R&D laboratory organizations focused on in vivo research.
Our client’s continued growth rate and emphasis on innovative products for laboratory environments has precipitated a need for an Account Executive.
For sales professionals that are representing smaller ticket and more transactional laboratory purchases, this opportunity represents the potential career growth and ensuing monetary rewards this growth entails, by moving from fewer products to an enterprise portfolio of integrated solutions.
The Account Executive will focus on account sales in the Pacific Northwest marketplace. Responsibilities include identifying customers and projects, growing existing and opening new customers and achieving sales targets.
- Visit existing and new customers on a regular basis.
- Understand and court different stakeholders within a customer/project.
- Review ongoing projects and territory opportunities with sales leadership.
- Attend regularly scheduled sales meetings, training opportunities, and trade shows.
- Work with vested internal departments concerning quote requests.
- Ensure assigned resources and sales tools are kept in good working order: A/V equipment, samples, demos and presentation materials.
- Gather and report market intelligence including competitor pricing, customer feedback, and new product launches.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales methods, costs, and results, recommending policies and procedures to enhance sales operations.
- Leverage Salesforce Automation (SFA) reporting tools.
- B.S. in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline, preferred.
- Prior direct sales experience with capital equipment is required.
- Prior successful sales experience within relevant (University, Medical, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical) accounts in the Pacific Northwest is preferred.
- Experience in working with vivarium’s is preferred.
- Accustomed to working in a territory from a home-based office.
- Strong focus to achieve sales targets.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong business acumen; possesses the ability to identify, understand and build relationships with decision makers.
- Aptitude to learn complex systems and retain technical information.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ethics and integrity.
- Ability to operate autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively across different cultures.
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles.
- Willing to travel within the territory in pursuit of business opportunities.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.