Our client is an exciting Saas platform. First-to-market, well-managed, and well funded, they provide revolutionary payment solutions for gig workers. Their goal is to own the solopreneur marketplace.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an early stage unicorn, have impact, and grow your career.
This role can be based anywhere in North America.
Compensation: $55-70K base, 130-160K OTI (uncapped)
Purpose of the Role:
The Account Manager is a key member of the sales team. They are the primary representative and liaison to client and potential client organizations.
The primary functions of this role are:
- generating revenue via outbound sales outreach
- developing and managing the lead pipeline to meet or exceed sales targets
- Building strong relationships with client organizations
- always Representing the brand in a positive manner.
The role is an integral part of the growth plan and has various cross-functional engagements with customer success, product development and marketing teams.
The Account Manager will contribute to the development and growth of the Sales team by acting as coach and mentor to more junior Account Managers and Business Development Representatives.
Manage a client pipeline in an assigned geography and/or client segment. This will include lead generation, prospect management, and client engagement.
Manage the communication pipeline (email, direct contact, follow up) with individual suspects, prospects, and potential client organizations; introduce the client's suite of products, build strong client relationships, and close business.
Manage the overall sales pipeline to achieve agreed upon metrics.
Build engaging and interesting client demonstrations which will inform clients and lead to product/service sales
Gather information on client organizations through product/service demonstrations, discovery calls, outside research, to build customized, industry leading solutions.
Rate suspects, prospects, and client organizations; enter information into database; provide appropriate communication plans and assign to business development rep where required.
Prepare contracts from existing templates; provide client specific pricing; manage and conduct negotiation and due diligence process (where required)
Supervise and direct the work of the Business Development Representative (dotted line)
Perform product/service demonstrations, sales presentations.
Participate in and facilitate client onboarding.
Work with Client Engagement to maximize individual worker usage of the platform.
Attend and participate in industry functions and trade shows, webinars; network with industry and referring groups.
Work directly with the VP and Head(s) of Growth to develop and execute sales and growth plans to a targeted segment of clients to ensure the growth and market penetration of the suite of products.
Work directly with marketing and communications as a subject matter expect to support (through direct contribution) the branding and marketing activities of the organization.
Work directly with product development and technology to articulate client suggestions to improve the suite of products to improve client satisfaction and lead to improved market penetration.
Act as champion on behalf of a portfolio of client organizations to troubleshoot problems, handle escalations, and ensure overall client and contractor satisfaction with the suite of products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree, ideally BBA or BComm
- 3+ years in a Saas sales/business development role with experience selling to C-level/owner/manager level
- Staffing industry experience; knowledge of staffing agency functions and structure, contingent workforce lifecycle.
- Managed a sales pipeline end-to-end in a B2B environment
- Experience building a sales pipeline from scratch: developing prospects from scratch from a variety of sources (lead lists, outside resources)
- Strong organizational, presentation, and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong public speaking skills.
- Team player