Junior Account Manager - Property & Casualty Insurance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provides excellent customer service by servicing a book of business and recommends potential enhancements and improvements to processes, products and/or policies.
- Ability to multitask in a high call volume environment.
- Responsible for renewing, servicing and retaining client business by selecting new markets for submission and requesting quotes.
- Gather competitive intelligence and relay to internal parties as requested.
- Identify and pursue cross selling opportunities on existing accounts.
- Responsible for completing routine service requests in a timely manner such as: certificates of Insurance; endorsement requests; audit questions and disputes; and billing plan changes and/or premium finance agreements.
- Responsible for gathering renewal information by contacting client for updated exposure information; obtaining missing information per underwriting, program and company guidelines.
- Responsible for training junior-level staff by teaching the market and industry trends and how to position ourselves to bind business.
- Makes positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strives to improve service to the customer.
- Communicates in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Protects the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent education and/or experience in insurance.
- A minimum of 2 years of Working knowledge of commercial property/casualty coverages.
- A minimum of 2 years of client services experience within and the brokerage industry.
- Current P&C insurance license.
- Understanding of commercial rating concepts.
- Ability to work with computer technology with little instruction with proficiency at spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.