Account Director, Business Development
Founded in 2004, and headquartered in Washington D.C., Business Transformation Group (BTG) management consulting firm is established as the preferred partner in leading inclusion programs for large, multi-billion-dollar construction projects and public-private partnership (P3) initiatives. The firm is currently seeking an Atlanta, GA-based Account Director, Business Development for the Southeast Region. He/She will be responsible for creating and building a revenue-generating pipeline and identifying opportunities for growth. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader in the transportation industry.
The transportation industry is a vast ecosystem which covers everything related to the major modes of transport, namely, road, rail, marine, and air transport, as well as transportation of goods and passengers. The Account Director, Business Development will prospect and close new business and in BTG’s primary target market which will be in the local, state and federal government agencies. He/She will also be responsible for conducting market research, coordinating proposal development (from lead identification through production) and supporting business development management activities. The candidate will be adept at building strong relationships with strategic clients and have the ability to identify needs and requirements to promote the company’s solutions.
495 EXPRESS LANES
BTG partnered with an ATCS/CH2MHill joint venture and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to work with Fluor-Lane 95 LLC on strategies to maximize small-business participation in for the Commonwealth’s first billion-dollar road construction project. VDOT’s I-495 High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes (also referred to as Express Lanes), Design-Build construction project was the first P3 project with a small-business participation goal worth more than $500 million.
21ST CENTURY BALTIMORE CITY SCHOOLS CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM SUPPORT
The Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners, the Maryland Stadium Authority (MSA), the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, and the Interagency Committee on School Construction are embarking upon $1.1 billion of revitalization and replacement/new construction work on many schools in the Baltimore City Public School system. The revitalized and new schools will create synergy for economic development and revitalization of neighborhoods. BTG will work closely with these organizations on each initiative to recommend strategies and ensure that Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) participation, work-based learning and local hiring goals and commitments are met. Business Transformation Group (BTG) supports the M/WBE participation, work-based learning and local hiring components of the program, as well as Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for these various projects.
Cardinal is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for deploying the Commonwealth of Virginia’s statewide financial management system, which was designed using Oracle's PeopleSoft software. It replaces the Commonwealth Accounting and Reporting System (CARS), which had been used by the Commonwealth of Virginia since 1978. This is a multiyear project in which BTG consultants have played an important role. For the past 6 years, BTG’s work has ranged from training design and development to facilitation, and it is currently supporting the upgrade from PeopleSoft 9.1 into 9.2, before transitioning to the next phase of implementing the project and payroll. BTG has also assisted in identifying, testing and executing on required updates to the training materials. The change plan uses a combination of communications, and User Labs to roll out changes. There are over 300 training objects including, Instructor-Led Training (ILT), web-based training (Articulate 13), simulations (using the User Productivity Kit – UPK), exercises and job aids. BTG is focused on projects in the areas of Accounts Payable, Expenses, Time and Attendance and Absence Management projects.
At BTG, the entire business model and suite of exclusive software have been designed with clients in mind, and they are aimed at providing superior solutions that are customized, cost-effective, and results oriented. The organization provides turnkey solutions that minimize risk and optimize the inclusion of small businesses in large, complex projects. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., BTG’s management consulting business is established as the preferred partner in leading inclusion programs for multi-billion-dollar construction projects and P3 initiatives. Public and private sector clients of all sizes trust BTG to apply transformative practices in order to meet their business needs. With decades of expertise in inclusion programs, operations management, and strategy services – the firm has built on past successes and formalized them into the effective methodology and unique software solutions that make up its the services and offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees establishment, management, sales, revenue, and other important data for assigned accounts.
- Works collaboratively and supportively with the Business Development Management Team and a diverse group of professionals and subject matter experts in the relevant field.
- Keeps abreast of industry and economic/business trends that may affect potential new business opportunities.
- Performs research for sales and business development calls, as well as on the execution of sales objectives.
- Brainstorms with the Business Development team to create new project strategies.
- Cultivates positive interactions and relationships with managers and executives to evaluate sales strategies and results.
- Prepares regular progress reports and forecasts for internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics.
- Conducts market research to identify, qualify, and track specific and targeted opportunity leads for the company to achieve growth in targeted markets.
- Targets clients who are alignment with approved corporate business strategy.
- Plays an integral role in generating new sales that develop into long-lasting relationships.
- Identifies existing services that would appeal to new clients.
- Assumes the account responsibilities for the existing client base.
- Maintains budget and profitability goals in client accounts.
- Reports monthly on key account metrics.
- Proactively resolves resolutions to client and project issues.
- Assists leadership in promoting the growth of a capable local team.
- Meets with prospective clients and partners and effectively manages internal and external relationships, including those with vendors and consultants.
- Builds trusting and long-term relationships with clients/customers.
- Improves clients’ customer service experience and continues to build brand loyalty.
- Enhances key relationships with our portfolio of major clients.
- Develops a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
- Expands the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Serves as the liaison between key customers and corporate and internal teams.
- Resolves any issues or problems faced by customers and deals with complaints to maintain trust.
- Has an understanding of small-business compliance.
- Able to mentor and lead.
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate the results into better solutions.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related fields required.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a sales or business development position.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting (Federal or State, and/or Local Government).
- Knowledge of the transportation infrastructure industry.
- Ability to manage a Profit & Loss Statement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment- free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and high ethical standards; upholds organizational values.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within the approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures him-/herself against a standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors his/her own work to ensure quality.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
Click here to apply online
- Creative and innovative.
- Passionate about resolving small business and workforce issues.
- Ability to take direction from multiple managers and work without guidance, when required.
- Excellent planning and time management skills along with skills in strategic research, compelling writing, process ownership, and effective team coordination.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Effective client relations, both internal and external.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including negotiation skills).
- Effective listening, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism and business ethics.
- Collaboration and team orientation skills balanced with being a productive individual contributor.
- Exhibits follow-through and consistency.
- Must have experience working in a virtual environment.