Access Management and Security Specialist
Length of Contract: 6 months (chance of an extension and/or conversion to FTE)
Working Location: TORONTO - 120 Bloor Street East
Operational execution – 50% (operations)
- Operationalizes, executes and manages business processes to support the approval, provisioning and deprovisioning of access to Finance, Tax and Treasury-owned data
- Manages and executes the collection and compilation of internal and external data and information assets and analyze information relevant to the objectives of Finance Data Governance
- Identifies and highlights problem areas, gaps, or conflicts derived from information gathered.
- Provides advice and guidance to technology and business teams with respect to data and information security regulations, laws, and best practices
- Identifies data and information security related risks, escalating to the Manager, Finance Data Governance
- Keeps abreast of emerging industry trends and best practices with respect to data and information security
- Build, sustain and leverage relationships with upstream and downstream stakeholders and identify process and information security opportunities
- Authors and maintains requirements documentation with respect to security roles, assignment of security roles to users, and the assignment of data and functional assets to security roles in various platforms (Netezza, Hadoop, SAP S/4 HANA, others)
Process Improvement – 50% (analysis and design)
- Leads small to mid-sized initiatives and components of initiatives or participates in any size initiative that involves defining processes for Finance Data Governance with a focus on access management or data and information security.
- Participates in the development and design of new processes, roles and accountabilities, or changes to same
- Leads / participates in stakeholder interviews, identifies sources of information, possible interfaces and detailed process descriptions, assisting in interpreting facts and information gather to understand current “as is” state.
- Identifies inconsistences and gaps in business processes and works with stakeholders to clarify and simplify complex processes
- Tracks and resolves any assigned issues and reports back to immediate manager
- Acts as a liaison between business and technical areas
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including at least one recent data-related role in a financial institution, or an information-security-related role in any institution.
- Data and information security principles and practices
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with data and information security in database applications (i.e. SAP S/4 HANA)
- Writing queries in SQL for Hadoop (HIVE + HBase)
- Data analysis and data management, including advanced knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collections and analysis techniques and statistics
- Business Analysis principles and practice
- Experience with Lean-Agile project methodology
Nice to have:
- SAP S/4 HANA
- SAP Security
- CISSP or CISM
- Excellent consultative skills including the ability to solicit requirements; anticipate, analyze and advise on issues and problems; and generate solutions and recommendations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, executive relationship management skills, and team leadership skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and persuasively across all employee levels, LOBs and geographic areas.
- Communicates effectively with meaningful and articulate verbal discussions. Strong presentation and communication skills experience presenting to internal customers. Strong written communication skills. Experience communicating with cross functional employees within an organization
- Ability to generate relevant recommendations that clearly contribute to business success
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills including systems thinking, problem solving and decision-making
- Ability to think and communicate conceptually and strategically.
- Advanced business process design skills.
- Exhibits proficient knowledge of business standards and operational processes.