AVP, GAAP Financial Planning and Analysis
This is an opportunity to join a growing entrepreneurial life insurance organization. This role will be responsible for providing executives with the analysis and information related to US GAAP financial information that they need to consider economic and business trends, review past company performance, and attempt to anticipate obstacles and potential problems.
The style of the ideal candidate must be hands-on, focused, and direct to be impactful in this fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture. The selected candidate will uphold the highest standards of financial integrity, financial discipline, and transparency.
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build a storyline for financial updates and draft the Company’s Management Discussion and Analysis
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, leadership, and business platforms using fact-based, holistic, and forward-looking perspectives to identify emerging issues and current trends, and assist in the implementation of strategies
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and participate in effective presentations for small groups
- Support conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Assist in the development of monthly management information, including input to relevant product level analysis and preparation of board and committee reporting
- International coordination with local finance teams. Works with local finance teams/business platforms to
- Other ad hoc requirements
- Understanding of statutory results (of originating countries) and accounting requirements
- Support to Actuarial, Treasury, and FP&A
▪ 10 years of accounting/finance experience, with a minimum of 7 years of relevant insurance, investment and public accounting experience. Experience in life insurance required.
▪ Intermediate business knowledge (i.e. deep financial skills/flow of the numbers) of financial and accounting concepts as well as intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
▪ Supervisory experience required
▪ Excellent analytical skills
▪ Excellent communications skills
▪ Strong written skills
▪ Project management skills
▪ CPA / ACA required
Click here to apply online
- Stock company experience (GAAP / IFRS expertise) essential. Acquisition accounting experience is a strong plus.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written in order to interact knowledgeably and with impact both internally and externally.
- Superior project management ability and drive-for-results mentality.
- Keen ability to think and act strategically; planning for the long term while balancing the short and long-range needs of the organization.
- Demonstrates high standards regarding the quality and thoroughness of business and technical analysis.