Support AV Suite in meeting or exceeding goals and objectives that align with the company’s overall strategic direction.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing technical skills to support the installation, programing, and training of CEC provided audio visual solutions.
- General knowledge of video systems, control systems, IP networking, video conferencing, live and installed sound systems.
- Provide a high level of customer communications while providing technical expertise
- Provide support for CECs AV Engineering group regarding customers supported system
- Possesses the skills and knowledge to install, program, test, and train customers on CEC AV provided systems
- Works in conjunction with other technicians to gain knowledge and insight of all equipment
- Ensure a high level of quality workmanship with aligns with CEC’s quality program
- Ability to travel to customer locations to provide technical expertise
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Full compliance of CEC safety program
- Strong customer relationships, personally and as a group. Assure the customers ongoing needs and/or issues are being met and/or addressed.
- Member of CEC’s 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
None (no direct reports, but ability to lead projects preferred)
- 2+years of AV installation experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company.
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- CTS Certification (CTS-I preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results
- Must be able to lead large size projects with little to no direct supervision.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of AV communications systems
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of IT networking/servers.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.