As the advanced AV Technical resource, this position is responsible for final integration, commissioning, testing and end user training for complex Audio-Visual systems as well as working with field staff and Project Managers to meet project expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend transitional meeting between sales/engineering/operations to review project information
- Work with the Project Manager to complete a pre-installation meeting/walk-through with assigned project lead/assigned staff, review project details and plans
- Attend the pre-job review with the customer as well as the pre-job meeting and subsequent walkthrough with the CEC team in accordance with CEC’s project kick off standards
- During Project:
- Perform final systems integration and commissioning.
- Validate installed component and cabling integrity per industry standards
- Test point to point functionality of systems
- Minor programming capability (Crestron/Extron/AMX) with changes in troubleshooting
- Deploy and test control system code and make revision in collaboration with the Control System Programmer.
- Configure DSP programming on-site and collaborate with Control Systems Programmer for correct system routing.
- Make minor changes to control and DSP systems as well as fine-tuning Audio Visual systems for optimal performance
- Create and close a project Punchlist
- Provide end user training
- Conduct post project review with the Engineering and Project Management teams
- Additional Duties:
- Provide on-site project management and technical expertise for high profile, highly technical projects for CEC’s select customer base.
- Provide on-site direction for project staff and may assist in the field on projects.
- Be involved in all cutovers or high-profile projects for their customers and/or territory.
- Maintain core vendor certifications annually as needed
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- 5 years of experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company.
- Proficient with videoconferencing commissioning and testing processes.
- Experience with Commercial AV system (e.g. conferencing, control systems, DSP, etc.) configuration and commissioning processes.
- Current CTS Certification – CTS-I specialization preferred.
- Advanced PC skills and networking.
- Ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientated.
- Work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and communicate effectively to produce results
- Must be able to demonstrate system functions to customers for training purposes.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, including; security, card access, fire alarm, RF, IT networking.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must have a basic understanding of IT networking/servers.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.