As the advanced AV Technical resource, this position is responsible for final integration, commissioning, testing and end user training for complex Audio-Visual systems as well as working with field staff and Project Managers to meet project expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review electronic system drawings, project scope of work, and architectural prints.
- Attend transitional meetings with Project Manager, Engineering, and Operations.
- Work with the Project Manager to complete a pre-installation meeting/walk-through with assigned Project Lead and Operations team.
- Develop programming for DSP and video distribution systems. Share programming file with Control System Programmer
- During Project:
- Perform final systems tuning and commissioning.
- Validate cabling integrity (per industry standards) and point to point functionality of systems.
- Document test results from system testing and commissioning.
- Load and test DSP and video distribution programming.
- Load and test control system code and provide on-site troubleshooting for Control System Programmer. Supported systems include Crestron, Extron, QSC, and AMX.
- Create, track, and close a project Punchlist.
- Maintain accurate markups on system drawings throughout project and handoff to Drafting Technician upon project completion.
- Provide technical leadership to other project resources as needed.
- Perform end-user trainings.
- Participate in post project reviews with the Engineering and Project Management teams.
- Support Project Manager during final Punchlist review and end-user acceptance testing.
- Additional Duties:
- Maintain industry certifications and core vendor certifications as needed.
- Continued development/achievement of new industry certification and core vendor certifications/trainings as they become available.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- 7-10 years of experience in a technical role within the audio-visual industry required.
- Current CTS Certification required; CTS-I preferred.
- Proven technical experience with five or more of the following AV system types: Audio/Video Conferencing; Small/Large Room AV Systems; Intercom; Networked Paging, Pro Sound, Sound Masking, Digital Signage, and Large Audio/Video Distribution Systems.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others in the organization.
- Understanding of specialized test equipment for audio/visual systems.
- Work independently with good time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and communicate effectively to produce results.
- Must be able to demonstrate system functions to customers for training purposes.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Windows environment and Microsoft applications.
- High level of knowledge related to network hardware and infrastructure.
- Ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively speak and understand the English language.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects may be required.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job requires travel, primarily in eastern Iowa, but may occasionally require travel into Wisconsin and Minnesota. A company vehicle is provided for all work-related travel. A valid drivers license is required.
- Occasional work in high noise environments.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.