AV Systems Specialist
As an AV Systems Specialist, you’ll be an integral part of the CEC team. We help customers run their organizations better through the technology solutions we provide—and you can be part of this essential mission. Our AV technicians work on the front lines to bring customers’ technology visions to life. Every day is different, challenging, and rewarding.
CEC is a great place to accelerate your career. Here are just some of the things we offer:
- Advancement opportunity- Our AV systems technicians often go on to become, master technicians, and engineers.
- Professional growth- We believe in investing in our employees so they can take exceptional care of our clients. We also offer a lucrative bonus program tied to continuous learning and training.
- Employee focused- We prioritize work/life balance and offer competitive compensation, health benefits, and paid time off so you can put family first.
Help CEC’s wide variety of customers deploy technology to meet their safety, collaboration, and communication goals. Support the AV Team in designing, implementing, and servicing technology solutions to address customers’ specific business needs while also aligning with the company’s overall strategic direction.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to support the installation, programming, and training of CEC-provided AV solutions, such as video systems, control systems, IP networking, videoconferencing, and live and installed sound systems.
- Build strong customer relationships and maintain excellent customer communication; address customer questions and concerns.
- Define problems, collect, data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Support CEC’s AV Engineering group regarding customer-supported system.
- Install, program, test, and train customers on CEC-provided AV systems.
- Work in conjunction with other technicians to increase knowledge about technology systems.
- Ensure high-quality workmanship that aligns with CEC’s quality program.
- Travel to customer locations to provide technical expertise.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Comply with CEC’s safety program.
- Complete service tickets as assigned as part of CEC’s 24/7 on-call service rotation.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
None (no direct reports, but ability to lead projects preferred).
- 2+ years of AV installation experience in a similar role with CEC or equivalent company.
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- CTS certification (CTS-I preferred).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-oriented.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results.
- Must be able to lead large size projects with little to no direct supervision.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of AV communications systems.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of IT networking/servers.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- Stand, walk, climb, sit, and use hands and fingers, including reaching, grasping, and carrying.
- Lift objects of up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders up to 12 feet high or be in a lift that reaches extended heights.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above-average intellectual ability and excellent judgment to deal effectively with a wide range of problem-solving and troubleshooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.