Provide Leadership that enables the AV Suite to meet or exceed goals and objectives that align with the company’s overall strategic direction.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership Team: Active member of the CEC Leadership Team.
- Goals, Objectives, and Budgets: Provides strategic planning and budgets for the AV Suite, establishes suite goals and objectives with “clear metrics”, makes necessary and timely adjustments to overcome unforeseen conditions and/or obstacles to meet said goals and objectives.
- Vision Strategy: Assures CEC-AV has a clear and successful technology vision and strategy that is aligned with the company’s overall vision & strategy. This includes but not limited to; who we are technically, where we play, and how we win.
- Vendor Management: Manage AV-related Vendor relationships and requirements for best product offerings with high margins.
- Staff: At least 90% of staff is highly competent and engaged, maintains staffing levels that match needs and controls costs. Coaches all employees as volunteers, hires/fires, rewards/disciplines.
- Training: Continuously works towards a training program that grows and develops top level employees and assures everyone is well trained for their job.
- Sales: Targets strategic customers that best fit CEC-AV, balanced sales approach that meets goals for Projects & Managed Services, focused on value selling with increasing margins Y/Y.
- Engineering: Designs that best meet each customer’s needs. 90% of quotes have a turnaround time that meets customer’s expected date. Accurate labor bids that are <5% overage.
- Operations: Consistently delivers 95% of Projects on-time, on-budget, and on-spec. Consistently delivers 99% of Managed Services that meet or exceed our service promise to the customer; works directly with the POE to assure all operational processes and procedures are simple, accurate, and aligned to our goals.
- Customers: Strong customer relationships, personally and as a group. 95% compliance in proactive status communications with all customers (internal & external / good, bad, and the ugly).
- Other duties as assigned.
The AV General Manager directly supervises the Sales Staff, Engineering, Operations, and managers/supervisors/leads of the AV Suite as well as any other employees deemed necessary.
- Four year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in communications, business, or IT, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education. Plus one year working experience in a corporation, involved in multiple work functions and/or management environment within the communications industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of RF Systems and working knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.