Assist the Engineering team in delivering the best solution to our customers’ by maintaining information, scheduling resources, and managing systems.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the escalation point for sales. Find available staff to respond to short notice bid requests, demos, site surveys, etc.
- Send out weekly quote status reports to all salespeople.
- Spot check job files for proper content.
- Track and document progress in engineering team meetings.
- Assist with engineering team improvement initiatives by gathering data and documenting outcomes.
- Maintain engineering process documentation.
- Manage vendor pricing in CRM.
- Coordinate with vendors on internal product updates.
- Track demo inventory and usage.
- Assist with stalled quotes. Activities include tracking down bid documents, CAD backgrounds, site plans, special pricing, etc.
- Set up customer site surveys. Schedule engineering related travel.
- Create and manage specifications library.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of administrative experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Good problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to present to a small group of team members.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.