Deliver the best solution to our customers’ by accurately assessing their needs and presenting the most effective AV technology solutions.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consulting: Be the professional technical “expert” supporting our sales teams by consulting with customers, recommending solutions, and demonstrating products. Specifically identify key customer needs and produce a solution that best meets those needs.
- Designs: Design systems that best fit the customers’ needs independent of price. Be able to communicate the features, benefits, and business value of your solution.
- Site Surveys: Effectively capture site conditions, device locations, and cable pathways, to accurately quote the system components and labor.
- Quotes: Provides quotes that are accurate, timely, and with appropriate detail to effectively present our solution to the customer.
- Job Files: Produce detailed and accurate project documentation that permits the Operations team to successfully implement the project. Review and/or modify internal and external designs and submit to CAD team.
- Training: Maintain knowledge of your industry/technology. Achieve and maintain required industry certifications in accordance with CEC policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in communications, business, or technology, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Audio/Visual industry.
- Industry technical certification such as CTS or CTS-D.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to present system designs or demonstrate products to small/medium sized groups.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, wireless, and data networks.
- Computer skills as required for design of AV systems.
- Experience with controls systems from AMX, Crestron, and Extron.
- Experience reviewing architectural drawings and reviewing and creating system block drawings.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.