OBJECTIVE: Provide continual AV support for Audio Visual equipment in a multiple conference room and location setting with both a physical presence and remote monitoring.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Customer Support: Working in a ticket queue environment, handling high-priority service tickets while maintaining strict Service Level Agreements and customer communication.
- Project Support: Assist projects team with final hook-up of electronic equipment for new equipment installs.
- Remote Support: Maintain and report on equipment via remote monitoring software. Track warranty and asset management information on installed equipment. Coordinate RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) activities with suppliers and internal personnel. Track warranty and asset management information on installed equipment. Coordinate RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) activities with suppliers and internal personnel.
- Documentation: Establish, maintain, and update documentation of installation instructions – auto-on installation for monitors, projector set up, cable standards, etc. Develop and maintain documentation, project folders, and reporting as requested by customer.
- Standards and Innovation Support: Participates in monthly standards meetings and provides recommendations for standards and process changes. Develop and maintain inventory of spare AV hardware and coordinate deployment.
- Technical Support & Knowledge: Consultation with customers, project managers, engineers, and sales staff. Also, maintains a current knowledge of evolving international AV/electrical standards while making efforts to expand knowledge base through training and experience.
- Two year electronic degree or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education with field experience.
- Experience/Knowledge in one or more of the following; AMX, Crestron, or Polycom.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or legal method of arriving to job site/meeting location.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.