CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Install, terminate, label and certify installed infrastructure needed to support the deployed AV system.
- Understand and update project documentation including line drawings, physical equipment layouts, acoustic modelling, punch lists, equipment and network configurations and close out documentation.
- Construct equipment racks, install field devices, configure equipment as specified in the project documentation for system deployment.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of video systems, control systems, IP networking, video conferencing, live and installed sound systems.
- Works remotely with programmers to configure hardware, load programming and debug the deployed AV systems.
- Providing technical expertise to all project stake holders including, installation teams, project managers, engineering team or other contractors as needed.
- Comfortable to lead and facilitate end user training as part of CEC’s project closeout. This will include delivering content in a technical and non-technical nature depending on the audience.
- Ensure a high level of quality workmanship that aligns with industry standards and CEC’s installation standards.
- Ability to travel to customer locations to perform installations, service visits and other technical tasks.
- Maintain a safe, clean and professional work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year degree or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education or 2+years of experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company.
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction knowledge.
- Must be able to meet and obtain State licensing requirements
- Maintain vendor certifications in at least two of CEC’s core product lines that relate to an area of expertise.
- Must be able to lead large size projects with little to know direct supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Within 30 days of hire applicant must be registered on the Department of Labor and industry as unlicensed electrical technician.
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding of IT networking/servers.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.