Robertson Ottawa is proactively recruiting on behalf of our Elections Canada Client and awarded contract to supply temporary resources during the upcoming Electoral Event.
Position Title: ASSEMBLY ROOM CLERK
Government of Canada Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Languages: Unilingual - English or French - Intermediate
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Start Date: May 16, 2019 (Tentative)
End Date: September 30, 2019
Daily Hours*: From: 8:00am to: 4:00pm
The main tasks require familiarity with general clerical procedures, including the use of standard office equipment and office software (Windows XP or higher, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and strong organization skills.
What you will achieve in this role
- Receiving, processing, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, messages, and courier packages both manually and electronically;
- Printing and photocopying material;
- Maintaining address databases and producing personalized mailing;
- Addressing and stuffing envelopes
- Bundling letters, parcels, registered mail and courier envelopes by method of mailing;
- Routing mail to the proper delivery stream;
- Sorting mail according to destination; and
- Performing routine, repetitive tasks of low complexity involving a limited number of clearly defined procedures and instructions. Work performed will be reviewed while in progress.
- Collating, stuffing envelopes, adhering labels;
- Completing courier forms and dispatching couriers;
- Photocopying, filing, e-filing and retrieving material;
- Maintaining filing system(s) and file keeping software;
- Lifting and carrying boxes up to 40lbs;
- Using a “hand pump lift” (Elections Canada will provide training if necessary);
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines; and
- Shift work and overtime with little or no notice.
What you must bring to this role
Education: Successful completion of two years of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience at Elections Canada’s discretion is required.
Experience: Minimum of three months of relevant experience is required.
Only those who are qualified will be contacted