Northern California Hospital
The Laboratory Manager coordinates all laboratory services into the primary function of the hospital. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing departmental policies and procedures. The Lab Manager will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for the supervision of all QA/QC lab work.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the overall operation of the laboratory. Assists with selection, development and implementation of new policies and procedures applicable to the different processes of the lab.
- Reviews workflow to provide optimal staff coverage
- Monitors and signs all laboratory quality records, identifies quality control problems and works with department personnel to resolve them
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement indicators.
- Trains/orients new employees in the theory and procedures of the laboratory.
- Establishes and maintains inventory of lab supplies; assists in the recommendation and justification of capital expenditures.
- Responsible for oversight and documentation of the laboratory performance improvement program according to both C.A.P accreditation standards.
- Assists in the coordination and scheduling of Clinical Laboratory Services with other Hospital Departments and Medical Staff for maximum utilization of resources and maintenance of quality care.
- Ensures daily statistical data, census balancing and bill auditing are properly documented.
- Directs lab operations when the Director of Lab is out.
To learn more please contact.
- A minimum of 2-year supervisory position preferably as Clinical Laboratory Supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years CLS experience.
- Must possess a valid California license as Clinical Laboratory Scientist. (MTA Lic#)
Recruiter / Healthcare Specialty Practice
Tel 512-795- 2000 x80 Direct Line 323-515-8299