Our Client is an established, privately run, not-for-profit aeronautical organization that truly values its employees. As they continue to provide innovative air navigation technology, they seek an Accounts Receivable Specialist to establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with a portfolio of customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, your overall objective is to drive the continual improvement of collections metrics. You will establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with a portfolio of customers while ensuring the customers pay their invoices. You will provide follow-up contact with all customers failing to provide payment on time which can include: Reviewing past due accounts and prioritizing collections contacts based on payment risk (propensity to pay, outstanding balance, time outstanding). You will support ongoing initiatives that drive continuous improvement in Credit and Accounts Receivable processes as required while adhering to all defined Internal Controls for Financial Reporting.
The Ideal Candidate will have a Post-secondary education in Accounting or accounting background or a combination of education, training and experience. They will have proven experience in the following areas;
- Negotiating and resolving customer inquires
- Commercial collections are essential, negotiating a resolution of payment discrepancies and follow-up on overdue accounts
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Accounts Receivable Automation tools as they pertain to the Accounts Receivable process (including providing conducting daily reconciliation and close of day support)
- Dealing with internal or external customers, including senior managers
- Negotiate with customers to resolve past due amounts and collect outstanding payments.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills, with the ability to engage customers in stressful situations while ensuring the best possible experience. They will know and understand International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), particularly as they pertain to Accounts Receivable and industries standard best practices in Customer Service. They will be able to effectively diffuse difficult situations and communicate professionally, conveying a high level of competence and understanding.
What will make you stand out:
- Knowledge of credit reports provided by Dun & Bradstreet, Moody's and Standard & Poor's
- Client-focused while maintaining or improving customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact/discretion, judgement, professionalism)
- Flexibility to deal with multiple collection related priorities as they arise
We want to hear from you! If you are available for a 3-4 month term with a fascinating and unique organization, while working for an amazing Manager...contact us immediately to learn more at email@example.com for more information.