Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, PTO.
Location: 7851 West 185th St., Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Status: Full Time, benefits eligible
AR Representative - Physician RCM - Entry / Mid Level
The primary purpose of the Accounts Receivable team is to pursue reimbursement of services rendered and achieve accounts receivable resolution. This team works through open accounts receivables (denials and delinquent accounts) by actively calling payer organizations or utilizing web-based connectivity.
The Accounts Receivable Representative performs collection follow-up steps with insurance carriers and/or patients regarding open accounts receivable and/or delinquent accounts to result in maximum cash collections for our clients. Specific tasks include resolving insurance carrier denials, appealing claims, contacting carriers on open accounts and responding to insurance carrier correspondence and/or inquiries. This position holds additional duties with respect to research, client contact and participation in employee training with possible exposure to multiple practice management systems.
- Contact insurance carriers through website, email, or telephone to resolve outstanding accounts
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex insurance denials including coding review to prevent errors within appeals process
- Maintains a moderate dollar inventory desk as well as serve as just-in-time staffing, working inventory for team members that may be absent or backlogged.
- Appeal and/or resubmit unresolved invoices to insurance carriers
- Research and respond to insurance correspondence
- Update registration information, post denial codes and adjustments in practice management systems
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
- Analyze weekly denial reports to spot trends; assess opportunities to improve internal workflows
- Maintain internal logs (Excel format)
- Contact client for missing data elements or confirmation of information
- Stay informed of changes with the procedures and laws for the specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff, management, and the client.
- May assist with registration, claim edit, charge entry, cash research and payment posting, as needed.
- Effectively communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as develop solutions.
- Incumbents are required to have physical attendance onsite at a Strivant Health approved office location to perform the duties of the role by regularly interacting with managers, other staff members, & clients.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in physician revenue cycle collections required.
- Previous experience in Hospital or Physician’s Office preferred.
- 1 year previous experience with medical billing or medical EMR system required
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9/10 and HCPCS codes
- Sharp intelligence of government payers and other commercial/managed care carrier rules and processes in a professional billing environment
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and recognize trends to effectively work A/R
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired knowledge to future duties
- Flexibility, adaptability, and accountability are necessary for optimum client results
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Customer Service Rep, Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Scheduling Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Physician
Job Type: Full-time