API/Platform software engineers
SG2 Recruiting is a recruiting partner for the Greymatter.io team looking for cleared and clearable API/Platform software engineers. The Greymatter.io team builds infrastructure intelligence solutions for managing, governing, and operating customer enterprise software. We are multi-context, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. We focus on automation, solving complex challenges across multiple customers, and ensuring smooth and expedient services to users.
We support substantial multi-cloud, hybrid, and Kubernetes workloads running large-scale cloud-native systems that communicate using our Grey Matter service mesh platform. Working at this scale gives our engineers the chance to develop their existing cloud skills to a whole new level of challenges, tools, and strategies.
Our team helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud. Our customers are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, security, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. Some examples of the functionality you'll be working on will include proxy integrations, Envoy's xDS APIs, certificate management for mutual TLS connectivity, and security through service-oriented patterns. You'll actively contribute to the service mesh ecosystem, follow new developments in emerging technology, look for opportunities to differentiate our product from the competition, and rethink product architecture to meet new global scale and organizational demands.
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Architect and build distributed systems for service connectivity across heterogeneous environments (Kubernetes, VMs, bare metal or multi-cloud deployments)
- Synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet timelines
- Configure and automate the application network infrastructure, so customers have up-to-the-minute details and insight into running software
- Provide architecture patterns and system engineering to enable secure service to service communication
- Engage in discussions, meeting support, and briefings with key customer stakeholders
- Possess a DoD Clearance, or be able to obtain one
- Able to collaborate with peer engineers in discussions around performance, user experience, security, and other constraints when designing complex systems
- Code in Go (preferable), Python, or Java
- Possess knowledge of:
- API and RESTful web services development experience, JSON, XML, YAML
- Shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD pipeline design
- Distributed systems and cloud architectures
- Other skills that are important:
- Experience with service mesh architecture
- Application protocols like gRPC, Kafka, HTTP/2, and NATS
- Experience with at least one of the following configuration management tools:
- Salt, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
All of the positions are permitted to follow a flexible work schedule. The flexible work schedule provides employees with the ability to work from home. All employees with a security clearance will be allowed to work from home except when needed on client site.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Similar Job Titles: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Application Developer, Application Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Software Development Engineer