BlackRock's Global Compliance Department protects BlackRock’s reputation and provides advice to the business focused on ensuring the protection of our client’s best interests. The department is a dynamic environment with the team focused on understanding evolving business strategy, challenging and advising on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests and assist the business in translating Compliance into their daily work and decision making;
- Putting client interests at the center of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing BlackRock’s compliance culture;
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation to our business and to the market; and
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
The firm is seeking an individual to be part of the Financial Crime Team based in Wilmington, Delaware, responsible for leading the Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance program, driving policy adoption and implementation. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of, and experience in KYC policy requirements and customer due diligence documentation. The role would report into the Global Lead for AML who will be based in New York.
- Responsible for the execution of a Global KYC compliance strategy including maintenance of a global KYC policy framework
- Lead the second line of defense oversight of BlackRock’s BSA/AML Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) processes
- Provide compliance expertise to key projects and initiatives related to KYC compliance, including technology and process enhancements as well as remediation efforts
- Coordinating with regional compliance, the business and KYC teams globally on interpretation and implementation of new and existing AML/KYC regulations
- Provide a senior point of escalation for the business operations team and its stakeholders
- Execute governance and management reporting
- Design and implement improvements in communication, monitoring, and enforcement of AML compliance standards
- Work within a global team and communicate effectively to members of that team
- The successful candidate should have 6+ years of experience in AML Compliance, KYC, and customer due diligence requirements at other global financial institutions
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement & enhancement including the automation of processes
- Knowledge of Asset Management products, including institutional and corporate clients
- Strong governance and document management skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a global team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, judgment and business partnership skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize workloads and adhere to deadline
Position Location: Wilmington, DE