Robertson Ottawa is proactively recruiting on behalf of our Elections Canada Client and awarded contract to supply temporary resources during the upcoming Electoral Event.
Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Government of Canada Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Languages: Bilingual - Intermediate
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Start Date: May 16, 2019 (Tentative)
End Date: September 30, 2019
Daily Hours*: From: 8:00am to: 4:00pm
The Administrative Assistant’s main task is to provide secretarial assistance to one or more individuals by performing a variety of administrative support functions. Strong knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation in order to produce reports and correspondence and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing are required. Skills and abilities required include familiarity with general office procedures, the use of standard office equipment and software (Windows XP or higher, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
What you will achieve in this role
- Reviewing, sorting and prioritizing incoming documents/correspondence;
- Scheduling and time management support;
- Preparing correspondence;
- Tracking, maintaining, and administering tasks and projects either electronically or manually;
- Maintaining files, statistical data, records and reference material;
- Performing simple research or analyzing basic statistics and data that does not require subject-matter expertise; and
- Providing one or a small number of middle to senior staff with administrative support relative to the registration and voting processes of the special voting rules.
- Assisting in report and project preparation, including the gathering of statistics and data requiring analytical skills;
- Supporting the preparation of daily activity and status reports;
- Scheduling and arranging appointments and meetings;
- Ensuring timely information sharing;
- Performing document and file management functions, including e-filing;
- Photocopying, filing, e-filing and retrieval of documents;
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines; and
- Shift work and overtime with little or no notice.
What you must bring to this role
Experience: Minimum of one year of relevant experience in administrative support is required.
Education: Secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience at Elections Canada’s discretion is required.
Only those who are qualified will be contacted