endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The global technology leader in ADAS and safety electronics with 230 production locations in 40 countries with approximately 138,000 employees is looking for a talented Engineer for a key role on a new program.
This organization is rock-solid financially at over $35b in sales and this is a direct-hire position.
Located in their Global Electronics Technology Center in the greater Detroit area. They just completed a new Innovation Center built for their employees where they have the tools to develop their own products and have an on-site fitness center. This is truly a world-class company.
ADAS Component Functional Safety Engineer
The ADAS Component Functional Safety Engineer position in our Global Electronics Engineering reports to the Engineering Manager responsible for Functional Safety in our Technology Strategy & Core Electronics group, our global team responsible for worldwide development of microcontrollers, ASICs, and sensors.
You will be responsible for ensuring that large scale integrated circuits such as micros, ASICs, memory, and imagers for use in ADAS systems (including Radar, Camera, and Autonomous Driving) are developed according to ISO26262.
- Define system architectures with focus on ADAS components such as imagers, memory, and microprocessors.
- Develop technical safety concepts per ADAS systems safety requirements.
- Develop safety work plans and ensure timely completion of deliverables internally and at suppliers.
- Agree DIA (Development Interface Agreements) with suppliers.
- Develop hardware fault metrics and dependent failure analyses per ISO 26262.
- Ensure verification of ADAS components against safety requirements.
- Present and defend TRW safety concept and process to customers and auditors.
- Apply best practices across product lines.
- Implement and maintain a world-class global functional safety process.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer, or Software Engineering required. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10 + years of working at Tier 1 or 2 supplier or OEM with knowledge of the functional safety standard ISO 26262 and experience in its practical application in product development.
- Experience in ADAS components, microcontrollers, or mixed signal ASIC development/ design is desired.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with little direct oversight in a collaborative environment.
- Strong program management and communication/networking skills.
- Experience managing subcontracted engineering resources (e.g. for analysis and verification work).
- Travel Requirements: Minimal domestic and international travel.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.