Well-established manufacturer located in the Greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin area is looking for a 3rd shift Melt Supervisor to join their team.
BASIC PURPOSE: To supervise the production, manufacturing, and quality of company products, specific to the assigned department. This shall be performed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and controls the department processes in accordance with schedules and company procedures.
- Develops, trains, and motivates hourly employees through subordinates to acquire maximum efficiency, productivity,
cooperation, and morale.
- Anticipates delays, such as equipment repairs, product mix, material shortages, poor quality, schedule changes and manning,
and devises procedures to prevent or minimize loss of man-hours and unscheduled interruptions. Performs daily requirements to
achieve maximum production at minimum cost.
- Attends required meetings, as needed, to ensure open communication with other departments in the areas of safety, quality,
productivity and general production needs.
- Oversees the responsibilities of department personnel to ensure that production schedules, quality procedures, and general
housekeeping and safety guidelines are followed. This includes maintaining an inventory of departmental, raw materials and
- Interacts with other supervisors to expedite any changes in departmental operations, to meet manufacturing, product, and scheduling
and/or quality requirements and to assist in meeting cost reduction and quality improvement projects.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: High School Graduate or equivalent. Minimum of two years of formal supervisory training or
related experience. Must possess the ability to organize, direct and motivate people. Shall have the potential for further development.