endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
3rd Shift Electrical Controls Maintenance Technician
Looking for an experienced controls person that is proficient at AB controllers and logic.
- Implements, tests, and maintains all manufacturing equipment controls
- Performs as directed, all necessary maintenance of equipment in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Assist in the installation and qualification of manufacturing equipment, troubleshoot day-to-day manufacturing issues, identify and/or implement system improvements that contribute to the achievement of throughput, yield and product performance goals.
- 3-7 years of electrical/electronic/controls experience
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities required
- Proficient in CMMS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting and problem solving on the manufacturing line.
- Demonstrated proficiency in robotics, electrical/electronic, mechanical and vacuum systems.
- Ability to read prints and suggest modifications as required.
- Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain all electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
- Test all equipment and control functions of new controls established
- Download new software changes/upgrades specified by the Controls Dept. and maintain current software databases for Base Plant
- Assist IT Dept. with the set up, installation, and testing of all communication devices for PLC’s.
- Identify, research, prepare and present solutions to control problems and continuous improvement projects
- Document and follow-up problems relating to controls
- Provide all written documentation for indication of proper testing on all projects submitted from the Controls Dept.
- Assist new equipment commissioning technicians to verify that their testing of control systems is done correctly and efficiently completed
- Research, prepare and present solutions to problems
- Responsible to interface with other Company and Supplier Representatives
- Maintains effective communications levels and fosters team work
- Ensures adherence to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards
- Interfaces effectively and cooperatively with other Departments
- Performs predictive and preventative maintenance on any or all production equipment
- Develops and implements new electrical preventative maintenance tasks, procedures, and schedules
- Perform troubleshooting of robotic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Proficient in Maximo reporting and parts search
- Perform additional tasks as assigned, from the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Lead.
- Associate Degree in Electrical, Robotics, or Electronic Engineering (preferred)
- No Degree - Must have 5+ years verifiable experience in a related field, (i.e. Semiconductors, Automotive etc.)
- Journeyman’s Card from an accredited apprentice ship program preferred.
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push or pull on a seldom basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on a frequent basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.