This position will be responsible for maintenance support to all areas of operation along with standard operating/production procedures, safety, quality control, cost, delivery and continuous improvement initiatives within the Maintenance Department.
Required duties/tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Informs appropriate management of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Perform or assist in fabrication, preventative maintenance and routine machine checks.
- Will promote and maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through 5s activities and be responsible for proper material storage and waste disposal.
- This position will be predominantly assigned to the indicated shift but must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
- Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Communicate effectively with others at various levels using both oral and written communication skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3+ years of proven industrial maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic and electrical troubleshooting, power utilization and general facility maintenance.
- Ability to run tool room equipment (lathes, mills, etc)
- Knowledge of basic blue print reading
- Recognize and define problems, collect data, and develop conclusions.
- Must possess the ability for working under pressure - complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and deal with the stress or emergency situations.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to train others.
- Must have a positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to create and maintain a high-morale environment.