· The MSM Contractor leads and is accountable for the base capability and capacity of suppliers. This includes leading the Site Level Execution Agreement process, developing and aligning Supplier action plans, developing and optimizing supplier driven material inventory targets, and executing material changes associated with initiatives and cost/cash savings projects. Leads development and execution of Supply Base Assessment and Supplier Capability Master Plan alignment.
· The person in this role will have the responsibility to drive continual improvement of the supply base using different tools and to hold suppliers accountable for their performance. Partners with Planning to solve systemic issues, confirms capacity availability to support the 18-month forecast, and coordinates resolution of root cause when there are service missed expectations on the supplier’s behalf.
· Ensure supplier readiness ahead of all material changes including materials supply chains set up in support of new initiatives or projects.
· Inputs to critical material identification for material Business Continuity Plan process.
· Drive efforts on Supplier Synchronization Action plan for their area of responsibility.
· Owns Materials at Risk communication to the MSM Operations Leader.
· Lead inventory and cost improvement on materials by partnering with suppliers, buyers, production Sites and Planning.