Our Client Company is a Nevada integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods.
Responsibilities include :
The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for the acquisition of services and administration of contracts across all Goldstrike site spend and risk levels primarily focused on contracts and purchasing for local site mining requirements including but not limited to; construction, engineering, maintenance, environmental and other operational areas; support compliance of Barrick policies and procedures, contract and commercial conditions; and, optimizing service times for the company and contractor areas.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for delivering contracts that cover the requirements of the user areas in response to urgent and ongoing operational needs; identify and develop suppliers in the market to support commercial and operational needs
- Managing tender process, facilitate the selection of service providers, develop contract documentation and support ongoing contract management as well as coordination of information to evaluate proposals with the user areas
- Developing and maintaining contracts register for end-user group and maintain currency
- Supporting the continuous improvement and execution of sourcing strategy, policies and guidelines for service categories and contracts; is a participant in the development of value-added service for SCM customers, cost savings, and other performance metrics
- Ensuring timely and professional service to user departments in the preparation and evaluations of bids, negotiation with suppliers, and recommendation to management for approvals, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and regret letters, and, management and close out of contracts
- Acquiring services according to the operations requirements, obtaining the best total cost of ownership, term of execution and quality conditions
- Knowing and complying with the current Mining Safety and Health regulations and Loss Prevention procedures of. considering the health and safety impact of all work-related decisions and seeking methods to improve safety performance of supplier base both operationally and contractually
- Demonstrating social awareness, commitment and compliance with Social Responsibility Policy, always showing a socially responsible behavior with the Community and with the Company
Position may be required to travel to and assist other domestic sites and requires collaboration and interaction across the regional supply chain organizations as well as across other service and operational areas.
To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements: Act in a manner that represents Vision, Values and Strategic Principles. Act in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity. Develop and maintains a positive working relationship with others. Respect the unique contributions of all individuals. Support a working environment where differences are appreciated, valued and encouraged. Seek to understand the circumstances, needs and perspectives of others.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience required .
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio required
- Knowledge of Oracle, Ellipse or equivalent enterprise level software packages preferred
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills required
- Driving for Results: Actively shares information, approaches and methodologies with others inside and outside of the department to create synergies and reduce duplication of effort. Takes risks and implements ideas within established parameters. Sets clear objectives, expectations, and measures for projects.
- Planning/Project Management: Manages issues definition and resolution and escalates where appropriate. Involves right people/groups early in the planning process and ensures execution across teams/projects.
- Sourcing: Carries out RF(x) activities. Gathers end-user requirements and applies them to the development of a market facing event and measure the results associated with that activity.
- Contracting: Negotiates and executes complex contracts / service orders, commercial terms & conditions and coordinates legal review as required. Leverages contracting best practices, templates and contract management technology to be effective at the contracting process and escalate issues and risks to appropriate leadership.
- Negotiations: Negotiates agreements with direction to achieve results that support sourcing strategies. Understands and applies key concepts related to negotiating skills.
- Teamwork: Encourages others to share ideas and develops team cohesion. Listens to all viewpoints while withholding judgment. Participates in goal-setting and problem-solving. Identifies barriers to effective teamwork. Willingly contributes to activities by assisting and supporting other team members.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems of moderate scope and from a variety of viewpoints. Identifies significant problems before they get out of hand. Draws on other resources to develop an understanding of the issues. Generates alternative solutions that are generally accurate and functional with supporting data and rationale
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits, and stock where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to transform traditional mining business into Digital Mining Business.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations.