With general guidance from the Department Manager, the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer II contributes to efforts within the Department. Works in tandem with BI Analysts and BI Advisors to accurately and efficiently create sustainable business value by transforming raw data into actionable information for the end user. In conjunction with partners in Information Services, collaborates on the creation, deployment, and maintenance of one or more of the following areas: effective data structures (i.e. star schema facts and dimensions, cubes, views), ETL processes, BI infrastructure (i.e. SQL Server, Hadoop, Spark), data visualization (i.e. Tableau), and/or analytic tools. Performs duties for data manipulation, transformation, and automation via programming using appropriate languages such as SQL, C#, Python, and R.
1. Contributes to rapid-cycle iterations to create, test, improve, and deploy analytic content that is driven by the strategic and tactical needs of internal business users.
2. Participates in evaluations of the current state of analytic capabilities, including helping to align current resource deployment with strategic priorities, identifying critical success factors, and creating plans to address gaps.
3. Assists in the design and execution of strategic initiatives that help move toward maturity on the analytics continuum.
4. Aids in the creation and deployment of extraction, transformation and load (ETL) procedures that reliably integrate diverse and isolated data systems into a central, enterprise data warehouse.
5. Works to achieve the successful implementation of appropriate BI tools to create a thriving analytic ecosystem that supports timely and accurate reporting, self-service analytics and data visualization.
6. Aids in the development of procedures to efficiently automate administrative tasks required for the optimal function of critical data structures, including quality assurance, data base tuning, etc.
7. Performs other functionality related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Operations Research or related field and 3+ Years of progressive development/analytical experience.
In lieu of degree, 6+ years of progressive development/analytical experience.
Advanced knowledge of programming with SQL.
Experience in one of the following languages: C#, Python, or R.
Proficient with the Microsoft BI stack (i.e. Visual Studio/SSDT/SSIS) including recent versions of SQL Server.
Experience applying ETL best practices.
Experience in SQL Server performance tuning techniques.
Experience with Git and/or Azure DevOps.
Experience in designing data warehouse structures.
1+ years of experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, i.e. Epic, Cerner.
1+ years of experience with one of the following: Kronos, Infor/Lawson, EPSi
Knowledge of the Agile development/management methodology.
Knowledge of machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics.
Experience with project management.
Knowledge of Big Data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie).
Knowledge of Cloud (i.e. Azure, AWS).
Experience with Web Services (i.e. SOAP, Rest, WSDL).
Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
Experience with Tableau.
Knowledge of statistics, simulation and data modeling.