Immediate 12 month position available in Forest Park, GA.JOB SUMMARY:
- This position is responsible for providing project scoping and estimating services in support of the Operating Company’s transmission line projects. This position will be responsible for supporting the Operating Company’s planning and budgeting processes by providing complete and accurate estimates of material, labor, and total costs associated with transmission line projects.
- The position will require field visits and may involve occasional overnight travel.
This position is responsible for providing project scoping and estimating services in support of the Operating Company’s transmission line projects. Specific requirements are as follows:
- Create a safe work environment through personal commitment to safety.
- Apply line engineering expertise to accurately scope projects and to provide quality cost and duration estimates in a timely fashion.
- Develop detailed project scopes used to produce accurate cost estimates and project schedules and as the basis for detailed design activities.
- Provide timely and accurate cost estimates to customers including Project Management, Transmission Planning, and Transmission Maintenance Support to facilitate budget development and management.
- Serve as the transmission line engineering representative on solution team and site selection committees and prepare preliminary designs as required to support the process.
- Provide input on the development and refinement of line engineering estimating units used in the estimating system (TEAMS) to ensure accurate estimates of equipment, material, labor duration, and total costs.
- BS Engineering or Engineering Technology degree is required.
- BS Engineering or Engineering Technology degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in transmission line design is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in transmission or distribution planning, design, construction, operations, or maintenance is preferred.
- Prior experience in project development and cost estimating is preferred.
- General Knowledge of transmission planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance.
- General knowledge of the activities associated with surveying, land acquisition, and obtaining easements.
- Working knowledge of processes, procedures and tools used in the development of transmission line projects.
- Working knowledge of the design standards, processes, procedures, and tools used to scope, estimate, and design transmission line projects.
- Detailed knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing the design and construction of transmission line projects.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission line cost estimating.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission line construction methods, equipment, techniques, and associated costs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products and transmission software applications currently in use to estimate and design transmission line projects.
- Time management and organizational skills sufficient to manage multiple projects with various priorities and competing deadlines.
- Exhibits strong problem solving, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain peer and customer relations across organizational lines.
- Proven ability to build consensus and achieve results through effective use of persuasive communication and formal presentation skills.
- Model “Our Values”: Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment
- Unwavering adherence to the Company code of ethics.
- Delivers top performance and achieves business results
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with peers and across organizational lines, to succeed in a team-oriented environment and upholds the decisions of the team.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Human Performance principles – a questioning attitude and a pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to innovation - identifies new opportunities to improve products & services.
- Pursues ambitious standards for quality craftsmanship, proficiency, job knowledge, personal development and seeks continual improvement.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset, takes personal responsibility to complete all assignments and resolve all issues, and achieves excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Values, and takes personal initiative to create and foster, a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to email@example.com All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.