As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 50 years. With over 30 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 25,000 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a After School Specialist to join our team of talented professionals!
The Community Resource Center, After School Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring educational and extracurricular activities through The Guidance Center's After School and Summer Camp Program. The After School Specialist will work with the Community Resource Center (CRC) team to implement and supervise after school and summer camp activities. The After School Specialist will be part of the CRC team and will be expected to collaborate with other CRC staff and Guidance Center volunteers. Working hours are typically 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at Walter White, though changes to this schedule may occur to accommodate the needs of students. The After School Specialist will also work in the Summer Enrichment Camp, when the camp is offered through the agency. Summer Enrichment Camp is typically 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Walter White, though changes to this schedule may occur to accommodate the needs of students.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to respond positively to a variety of people.
- Experience working with youth (7-17 year olds) in an After School, Summer Camp or Tutoring programs preferred.
- Knowledge of River Rouge community and child development preferred.
- Must possess the ability to engage and maintain positive relationships with children, adults, and teammates.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and patient.
- Must have the ability to appropriately handle crisis situations.
- Additional requirements include a nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of families, our staff members and the programs they represent.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more! If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line at www.guidance-center.org/careers.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online