Senior Hardware Electrical Engineer
Our client® is a global provider of critical communications systems and solutions that help protect and keep people safe. Our client provides a multichannel approach to deliver geo-targeted alerts, notifications, instructions, and information before, during, and after public and enterprise safety threats. The Company's unified critical communications platform includes Our client Emergency Management (GEM) software-as-a-service, Integrated Mass Notification System (IMNS), Zonehaven™ emergency evacuation resources, National Emergency Warning System (NEWS), LRAD® long-range voice broadcast systems, and more. Our client systems are in service in more than 100 countries in diverse applications, including public safety, emergency warning, mass notification, critical event management, defense, law enforcement, homeland security, and other applications.
Our client seeks a Senior Hardware Electrical Engineer with 5+ years of responsibility for design, testing, and release. This engineer will be a technical and process mentor for other team and company engineers. This engineer must thrive in a start-up-like company environment with great opportunities for growth and spectacular achievement. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.
- Specify, design, and build best-in-class audio hardware and architecture from inception through sustaining and end-of-life phases.
- The position requires the individual to work well within a small, cross-functional team of mechanical, software, and firmware engineers, product managers, program managers, and manufacturing engineers.
- The role requires someone self-motivated, has excellent problem-solving skills, has keen attention to detail, works well within a small team, and can produce results.
- Interpret, develop, and manage product drawings and specifications.
- Work with suppliers on audio product design, development, and validation.
- Component and system-level troubleshooting
- Perform schematic design reviews and work with the CAD team on the PCB layout.
- Drive the team through a project's concept/design/optimization & validation phases.
- Work with Software and Firmware teams on device bring-up and development.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD. in Engineering with 5+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering. Background in audio products, DSPs, and Class-D amplifiers is a strong plus!
- Have technical, product, and program management skills to communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience designing and debugging products.
- Proficiency in Altium Designer or similar is required.
- Experience with environmental constraints (temp, humidity, and vibration), regulatory compliance, and development debugging (EMC/EMI, ESD, transients, etc.)
- Have solid technical depth and breadth in analog and digital circuit analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Our client is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Click here to apply online